Compliance with Government of Québec accessibility
The Ministère du Développement durable, de l'Environnement, de la Faune et des Parcs
(MDDEFP) subscribes to the objectives of the three Government of Québec
Web accessibility standards for the handicapped.
However, while the current version of our Web site only meets minimum Web
accessibility standards, we are currently developing a redesigned, fully
standards-compliant version. We are also working to implement procedures
that will meet the accessibility standard for downloadable documents, which
came into effect on November 9, 2012.
Until then, should you experience any difficulties in filling out a form
or navigating on our Web site, please contact us at (toll-free) 1 800
Call Centre staff will be pleased to be of service.
Navigate in a accessible
Until the new version of the site is available, we can offer accessible
versions of the following pages:
Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) Level 1 accessibility rules
In its current version, the ministry's site meets the great majority of Web
Accessibility Initiative (WAI) Level 1 accessibility rules.
Web Page Structure:
- Web pages have a distinct title that reflects their subject or goal,
tagged as <title>
- Informative images are inserted into Web pages using appropriate
- Informative images have associated replacement text;
- Replacement text is tagged as alt.
- Font size is specified in relative units.
- The site information page includes a map;
- The site map enables access to the first three levels of navigation;
- Navigation menus that are repeated from one page to another are
organized in the same relative order on each and have a similar look.
- Abbreviations and acronyms are shown with their names in full the
first time they appear on a Web page;
- All links on the same Web page that have the same name, point to the
same landing point.
Contribute to the
improvement of the site
In you find any errors or oversights on any of our Web pages, please
contact us at